Sunday, June 8, 2014

My first blog!

Having been an avid reader for years I slowly began writing my own novels/novellas.  Never intending for another soul to read my work, besides myself.  One day I thought to myself, what the hell?  What have I got to lose to self-publish my own work?  I've been through enough in life to know, life is short.  You have to take chances; live a little.  Forget about yesterday and think about tomorrow.  So, I self-published my first book, "The Fall", which ended up being a series of four books total in the "Caught Off Guard" series.  I have since then published another book called, "Charlie : Charlie".

I never realized how much I would enjoy writing as much as I do reading.  Having searched around FaceBook for other Indie Authors, I discovered a group that goes by, "Authors' Cave Group".  I have found a whole group of fabulous writers and have also become friends with quite a few of the members.  I feel lucky to have found this wonderful group of people that help me and others strive throughout our process of becoming better writers.  I just hope that I can do them justice as well.

Remember, we all have our own stories, our own lives and we can all build off each other to become better people.  Here's to a great future to all!

14 comments:

  1. L. Sommers, congrats on your first blog! I haven't found the courage to get blogging going myself. It's a big step, so bravo and keep writing. Cecyle (I'm on BDR too.) My pen name though is CeCe Osgood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks CeCe! I'm new to it so it'll take me time to get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keeping writing BDR instead of BRD, sorry. Again, congrats.

      Delete
    2. Ha, I didn't even catch it.

      Delete
  3. This is so true. Your thought process is similar to mine about publishing. Life is too short!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is not for the feint of heart. Be bold and courageous is my motto - thrilled to see you taking this step.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grats, L. Sommers, may you have blogs aplenty, and enlighten the hearts and minds of many a reader and author :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi L Sommers, congrats on your writing, publishing and your first blog. I have pretty much the same story, an avid reader, but also an early writer beginning in my teens. But I only recently acquired the confidence in my craft to publish. I too just this week completed creating my blog and made my first blog post. I haven't announced it publicly yet since I am still making a few tweeks and not all retailers have yet received the book title I'm offering for preorders. But welcome, I will continue to follow your blog and will add you to my G+ circle. Stay tuned for the public announcement of my website, blog, and new releases.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent first post to your blog. I'm looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on this first step, Lisa! See you around the Cave.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your new blog Lisa! Thanks for the shout out for Authors' Cave, too. I'm so glad you are enjoying the group and the family we have created ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your new blog! Thanks for your immediate enthusiasm with Book Review Depot and Author's Cave. As Ginger calls it, "the family" is happy to have you as a member. ;)

    ReplyDelete